Life in the ROK

West goes East: The lives and adventures of a Californian couple living in Seoul

Friday, May 18, 2007

Last week I visited my friend Cara in Okinawa, an island off the southern tip of Japan. She is living there with her pilot husband who is stationed at Kadena Air Force Base. Thanks to her guidance I was able to travel there for free on a military plane, this system is called Space A, for space available. I was very lucky to make it on a flight on my first try, and it only took me 2 days to make it back to Korea a week later....this is pretty good by space a standards, where people can wait for a week to get on a flight they want. In this picture Cara and I were hiking to Hiji Falls in the North part of the island. It was beautiful and a nice change of pace to be out of the rush of Seoul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home