Life in the ROK

West goes East: The lives and adventures of a Californian couple living in Seoul

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Here's what it takes to ride bikes outside in the Korean winters. First layer-- sexy biker shorts and wool socks.
Here's where the first layer really begins but there are four socks and I thought my mom would be offended by just socks. This is a family blog after all. The second layer is another pair of wool socks, thermafleece leg warmers, UnderArmor cold weather mock turtle neck, polyester gloves and a semi balaclava thing for the head.
Third layer is shoes, lightly buckled to preserve insulating space, Gore Windstopper bib tights, polyester long sleeved jersey, another glove layer, and sunglasses so I look bad like Arnold. Or just bad.
Final layer is polyprene (? wetsuit material) shoe covers, Gore Windstopper jacket, lobster claw third glove layer, and helmet.

Finally ready to ride!

I am so excited for spring.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger *katie said...

I can't believe you go through all of that to go riding! And thank you for starting the layering pictures with the bike shorts and socks, I may have been scarred for life had you started with just socks:)

12:28 PM  
Blogger g. lo said...

dude, you need winter bike shoes. Lake makes a decent pair :) or maybe a computrainer....
Ginny Lee (Maj Ian Lee's wife)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Holy Cow that's a lot of layers! And I complain about running in weather that's under 70!

10:21 AM  
Blogger brooke said...

Holy moly...I couldn't believe that I had to keep scrolling down to see more. You are truly dedicated! What a good dad you'll be bundling the kiddies up if you do that for you! =)

BY THE HOO- My migraines. They suck. I get super nauseous, blurred/sensitive vision, head pounding anytime I exert myself at all, it pounds anyway, nothing helps. Let me know what ya think. Thanks!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home