Life in the ROK

West goes East: The lives and adventures of a Californian couple living in Seoul

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Finally got some snapshots from sis to show the Christmas pandemonium at the Original Bakers. Al got cut off on the side but David made it in. He's cuter anyway. Sorry Al. I think there were something like 70 of us at Christmas Eve dinner.
I was amazed my Mom successfully ruled the Chargers game would be turned off. We had a pretty good Christmas Eve anyway.

It is Baker tradition to open one present from a sibling on Christmas Eve, which we instituted with the next generation. They're the ones crawling around all over everyone else. Back in the day, way back to Magnolia Avenue in 1982 or something, Matt and I couldn't stand waiting even a single day more for a present. We successfully lobbied mom and dad to let us open one present, please just one! , on Christmas Eve, so we can play with it when we wake up at 0200! , and they bought it. Thus, the tradition was born of skillful diplomacy.
Me and Matt. You can tell who lives in Cali and who wears coats whenever he goes outside in real winter.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger *katie said...

Very fun. So there were 70 of us there on Christmas Eve huh? Definite pandemonium! The boys already miss you:)

10:12 AM  
Blogger brooke said...

Tan skin is over-rated anyway! I already bought a few CD's from ubiquity! Woo-hoo! I love how I can listen to anything. I especially liked Shawn Lee's stuff. Thanks for the info Jay!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home