Life in the ROK

West goes East: The lives and adventures of a Californian couple living in Seoul

Monday, October 22, 2007

Yesterday I went hiking with my Korean employees. We went to Sanjeongho, which is about 2 hours northeast of Seoul. Sanjeongho translates to Grand Tetons of Korea.
Sanjeongho is famous for its pampas grass, which seems to be a symbol of Korea.
Four of us made it to the top: Sergeant Vasquez, my new doc Adam Ash, me and Mr. Choe. Mr. Choe is my admin assistant and is an expert in execution as well as an avid hiker. He doesn't execute people. He is awesome at doing whatever I ask him to.
This is the view of Sanjeongho from the top. Ho means lake, so this is Sanjeong Lake. Yes, that's a fountain in the lake. It's not natural. Koreans have a tendency to embellish natural beauty like this. Maybe that will stop when they are comfortable being a developed nation?
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger *katie said...

A fountain in the middle of a natural lake? How funny. The mountains are so gorgeous!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home