Life in the ROK

West goes East: The lives and adventures of a Californian couple living in Seoul

Tuesday, November 06, 2007


Remembered today that I had wanted to blog this photo of the East Coast Crew in front of the Sorak National Park entrance. This is everybody who went on the fishing-hiking-naked public bathing trip. Forgot to mention that last part. Public bathing is a big thing in Korea, similar to Japan. Mr. Chon, the oldest Korean on the trip, paid for everyone to enjoy a public bath and thus we went. He's in the front left in the photo.

The bath was separated into men and women sides and, at least on the men's side, it was all ages enjoying some naked R&R as well as a good scrubbing. There were two big hot tubs, one hot and one hotter, a cold tub, and a hot sauna. My medic PFC Charlton welcomed me into the naked hot sauna with a nice bucket of cold water to the chest and face. I got him back when he wasn't looking. Then my Korean ambulance drivers started the naked splash fight in the cold water pool with DJ, the 9 year-old, who responded in full pre-teen fury. They all got yelled at by the bath employees. Apparently naked is not an excuse for rowdy in Korea.

Sorry, no naked bathing photos.

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger *katie said...

Oh my gosh, I hope the images popping into my mind are not here to stay! I guess it sounds like fun...tho I'm pretty dang sure I would not have been in any water fights, and most likely wouldn't have been able to make it into the tub...

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home